Header Ads Widget

New

6/recent/ticker-posts

  Qateel Shafai




Prominent Urdu poet Qateel Shafai's real name was Aurangzeb Khan and he was born on December 24, 1919 in Haripur Hazara.

Qatil Shifai received his early education at Government High School Haripur. Later he settled in Rawalpindi where he started seeking correction of his word from Hakim Muhammad Yahya Shifa and started writing Shafi himself instead of him. Shortly before the formation of Pakistan, he moved to Lahore where the closeness of Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi nurtured his knowledge and literature.

His film career began with the songwriting of Pakistan's first film, Teri Yaad, released in 1948.

Since then, he has written more than 900 songs in 201 films. He was the only Pakistani film singer to have the honor of singing for Indian films.

He also made several films, including the Pashto film Ajab Khan Afridi and the first Hindko language film, Qissa Khawani.

He also started making a film in Urdu "A Girl from My Village" but this film was not completed. Along with film engagements, Qateel Shifai's literary journey continued and he became one of the prominent Urdu poets.

His poetry collections include Haryali, Gujjar, Jal Tarang, Rosen, Ghangro, Jhoomar, Mutraba, Chhatnar, Pirahan, Bargad, Amokhta, Gifta, Shadows of Voices and Ladder in the Sea.

His autobiography was published after his death under the name "Ghangro Toot Gaye". He was awarded the Presidential Medal for Excellence by the Government of Pakistan.

Ù‚ Qatil Shifai died in Lahore on July 11, 2001 and was laid to rest in Karim Block Cemetery, Allama Iqbal Town.

Selected words

.. .. .. .. .. .. ...

The heart did not pray to meet you

God forbid that I forget you and live

Will remain with you as love becomes life

Let this life not be faithful

It's okay no one dies in separation

God does not separate anyone from anyone

I have heard that love gives prayers

Whoever is hurt in the heart eats but does not grieve

Time has seen and tested it

The murderer should not beg for his life

.. .. .. .. .. .. ...

That is what I am worshiping

I am reciting his face

Buy me a look

I am discounting my price

The confiscation has taken permission from me

Saying goodbye to my guests

What a grief to lose the land of youth

I still rule over memories

No grief has returned to him

Thus I am betraying the trust

He just teased a little

I am explaining on explanation

By making love, you too become a human being

I am advising Sheikh Sahib

The storm of love wants to cry

And I'm satisfied with the sighs

The sky is the limit for everyone

I dare to touch him

I have seen his murder all over

Where am I mentioning the Hour?

Post a Comment

0 Comments